John Butler (Principal Naval Architect)
John has been providing high quality marine design and consultancy services since 2001. John has been employed as a Naval Architect by firms such as ADI, Incat Crowther, Sensation Yachts and most recently Burness Corlett Three Quays. Throughout his career, John has developed a reputation for providing quality, reliable and innovative design solutions.
John has extensive experience in:
John has been involved in projects for: AASSPO, FFGSPO, MCDSPO and HSPO platforms, high speed craft, commercial vessels and cruise ships and has experience in vessels and structures manufactured from steel, aluminium and composite materials.
Member of the Royal Institute of Naval Architects Membership number: 235011
- Bachelor of Engineering (Naval Architecture), Australian Maritime College, Tas. Completed Nov 2001. Awarded May 2002.
- Higher School Certificate, Central Coast Grammar School, Erina Heights NSW.Completed in 1995.
- February 2014 – present: Principal Naval Architect, John Butler Design
- August 2008 – February 2014: Senior Naval Architect, Burness Corlett Three Quays Australia
- September 2005 – August 2008: Naval Architect, Sensation Yachts
- May 2004 – September 2005: Naval Architect, Incat Designs Sydney
- March – May 2004: Naval Architect, ADI Limited
- June 2003 – Feb 2004: Naval Architect, Marine Design Solutions
- Nov 2001 – May 2003: Naval Architect, Ocean Innovations